Wednesday, April 28

Gym equals bleh.

Today (Tuesday) was the official start to my gym life. Colleen and I woke up early to meet with the personal trainer at 8am to design a program that works for us individually. Since it was free there wasnt a lot of detail. Right now I dont care. I just need to start. The trainer asked us our goals. My goal is to loose 100 lbs which made Colleen gasp in shock. While Colleen just needs to tone and gain muscle. Lucky girl she is. Sometimes I hate her. The trainer suggested we both do cardio, me an hour a day, Colleen a half hour. As well as some weight training. At our gym they have a huge weight room and a tiny one. We are going to use the tiny room. Its called PF Express. It has a bunch of machines so you can get a circuit done in a half hour. We didnt get to go in that room today, we have to sign up for another free meeting. Mostly today was just to voice our goals and get help from a professional. When I do my cardio I need to get my heart rate into the fat burn mode which is 120 to 140 or something like that. 

After meeting with the trainer I went off to work while Colleen stayed and exercised. It was only 830 and the gym was already packed. The only downer about our gym is that because it is so cheap everyone goes there. I have only gone three times in my four months of paying for it but I have already seen three customers and two people from elementary school. I wish I could wear a face mask so I didnt have to seen any one. And because theres always so many people its as hot as hell in there. Sweating is one of my least favorite things along with exercise. Neither is natural for a human to do. So going to the gym and exercising and sweating makes me want to die but sadly if I want to remove this extra person residing in my body I have to go. And I need to give up my love Pepsi. Oh how sad that is. I did find a plus! There is a rowing machine. Oh how I love the rowing machine. I even asked if I was doing it right and I am! It hurts my back but that is from my horrid posture. So for now I will row and walk to treadmill until I can bare the bike and the elliptical. The elliptical is not natural either. I always feel unsafe since I am running on air. Ugh I hate you gym. 

Since I am going to the gym now I am going to blog on a daily basis about how much I gymed and what I ate starting today (Tuesday).

I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes at an incline of 2 and a speed of 3. I walked about a mile and a half! 

Lets see what did I eat...
Smores granola bar
bottle of water
20oz can of Pepsi
Tuna sandwich
Strawberry banana yogurt
A yodel (just one not the whole package)
another tuna sandwich
2 teensy bags of Doritos
Stuffed pork
Cucumbers
Tomatoes 
Macaroni and cheese
and 2 big cups of Pepsi

.... My day started off so good. Then I came home. Stupid work stress.


Now since it is technically Wednesday I must go to sleep so I can wake up and go to the gym before work and then after so I can get my hour of cardio in.

3 comments:

  1. An hour a day of cardio! Wow! I lost 35 pounds with a half-hour of cardio daily. I'm not certain I would have shown up for a whole hour. You go girl! (You may want to note that at the end of the 35 pounds, I quit showing up for the 30 minutes daily, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its my goal to do at least thirty minutes everyday. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete